The National Museum


THE NATIONAL MUSEUM  is located in what used to be the Treasury Building.  Once situated on the Basseterre Bay front, it is now at the meeting point of Basseterre and the reclaimed land of Port Zante. The Treasury actually moved to the corner of Church Street and Central Street in 1996 and the National Museum gradually moved in.    In 1857 St. Kitts had a new treasury building probably constructed of wood and which included a light house.  £600 had been allocated for the project.   Before returning the remaining sum to the Treasury,..


There are no resources listed.
National Museum
The National Museum, formerly the Treasury


There are no personalities listed.
There are no articles listed.

   
   
Copyright 2010 St.Kitts National Archives. All rights reserved. Web Development & Management: eCaribbean Ltd