St. Barnabas


ST. BARNABAS ANGLICAN CHAPEL is a small place of worship on Malone Avenue.   Shortly after Governor Philippe Lonvillier De Poincy arrived in St. Kitts in 1639, he donated the service of fifty enslaved workers for the construction of  a very fair Hospital, in a very healthy place, where such sick persons as are unable to effect their recovery at their own houses, are attended, and maintained, and visited by Physitians and Surgeons, till they are restored to their former health. Strangers also who fall sick in the Island are receiv'd in there.   De Poincy was a Knight Hospital..


There are no resources listed.
St Barnabas
St. Barnabas on Thibou Avenue


There are no personalities listed.
There are no articles listed.

   
   
Copyright 2010 St.Kitts National Archives. All rights reserved. Web Development & Management: eCaribbean Ltd